Fall Dinner & Awards Gala: November 17, 2017
Award Nominations due:
Excellence in Business Award
Presented annually to a member in good standing who has demonstrated a commitment to; business, employee growth and Strait Region communities. You can nominate a business or fill out an application on behalf of your own business.
Rising Star: New Business of the Year
The New Business Award is to reward the efforts of the entrepreneur who has created a successful and growing business through the application of commitment, dedication, hard work, ingenuity and innovation. The following eligibility criteria must be met for this award: Must have been in business no more than three years. Owner can demonstrate through good business planning a consistent growth and development pattern.
Outstanding Customer Service (Individual Employee Award)
This award is designed for our members to put the spotlight on one of their employees that has demonstrated outstanding, “above and beyond” service to the citizens and customers for their employer over the last year. Nominee’s actions must reflect all five of the customer service attributes:
- Courteous: Greet the customers promptly and courteously.
- Helpful: Honour your commitments in a timely manner.
- Accessible: Listen to the customers with respect. Be polite. Focus on their perspective.
- Responsive: Own the customer’s issue.
- Knowledgeable: Provide accurate and up-to-date information.
Export Achievement Award
The Export Achievement Award is intended to recognize a company that has achieved success over the past year through development of new or existing export markets and by significantly contributing to the province’s economic growth.
Excellence in Safety Award
This award recognizes a company that demonstrates excellence in safety and health practices in the workplace to its employees, suppliers and the community. This business must be WCB Safety Certified and a member of the Strait Area Chamber of Commerce.
The successful proponent must be injury free (which we qualify as no injuries resulting in time lost from work) for two or more consecutive years (in accordance with the WCB’s records) and must be strongly committed to lead a safe and healthy workplace on a day-to-day basis.
Could your company be a Club 25 inductee? The Chamber is proud to recognize member businesses that have been serving the Strait Area for 25 years and have not previously been inducted into Club 25. If you have been at the helm of your own business for 25 years, you could be eligible for the Club 25 Champion category as well.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- All entries must be received by 4 p.m. on November 4th, 2017
- All entries must be submitted with the completed Entry Form.
- All entries can be faxed or emailed to the Strait Area Chamber (address below).
- In the case of no nomination entries received for any listed award, the Strait Area Chamber of Commerce will nominate a member based on the same criteria.